When your furred friend is in the growing stages of his life, one of the most important things he desires, besides your love and lots of care, is proper and well-adjusted nutrition, which is what most store-bought pet cat food flops to give.
Homemade pet fresh cat food is made of natural food items and is excellent for cats’ digestive system. By giving homemade food to your pet cat, you can keep the calorie intake checked and make sure that it stays healthy. Your pet’s dental and urinary health will also develop. Your cat will have a better coat and shed much less. You will also observe a visible improvement in your little pet’s energy.
Essential Nutrients That Should Be a Part of Your pet Cat’s Diet
The essential nutrients that your pet cat needs to stay healthy and fit; mentioned below.
1. Animal Protein
Protein is a crucial animal nutrient. It supplies essential amino acids and cat needs for producing antibodies, enzymes, and tissues. Moreover, animal protein offers energy to pet cats and helps in their growth and healthy development.
Just like humans, fats are an essential part of a pet fresh cat food as well. Fats nutrition helps the body breakdown vitamins and deliver ready energy for other activities also.
Vitamins, too, are essential for your cats. Vitamins help regulate your cat’s metabolic rate and promote regular growth and functioning of the body parts. Vitamins help increase and protect your cat’s vision and improve its bone strength.
Minerals serve many vital functions across a cat’s body – be it nerve impulse transmission or preserving acid-base balance. Minerals also help in the cat’s formation of enzymes.
We human beings need water to survive, and so does your pet cat. Water will deliver your body with the energy it needs to break down and digest all the food cat has consumed. It also provides the power to continue with other significant functions.
Healthy Cat Food Recipes That You must Try at Home
Cats’ metabolism is just like us. Breakfast is essential for them as well. And let’s read the pet fresh cat food recipe:
Eggs for Breakfast
Eggs and cottage cheese can be your pet cat’s first meal of the day. Here is how you can make a nutritious breakfast for your cat rich in eggs and cottage cheese.
Eggs for a cat
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons veggies of your pet cat’s choice
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk
- 3 tablespoons of cottage cheese
- In a large bowl, take the milk powder, add water to it, and mix well. Please make sure that there are no lumps in it.
- Break and add the eggs into the mixture and beat continuously to make a smooth mixture.
- Take a frying pan, preheat it on a medium flame. Pour the whole mixture and cook it, as you will do while making your pancakes.
- After flipping it and grated cottage cheese on the half-cooked side, add the cut veggies and allow it to cook well.
- When cooked, fold it in half like an omelet and cut it into bite-size pieces. Serve it warm in your pet cat’s favorite bowl.